e

Sunday, December 18, 2005

A Three-Day Blow

I'm hoping that by tomorrow ack emma, I'll be sober. I've just been on a three-day blow: Friday night, around and about Manhattan, delivering plum puddings (with accoutrements) to English ex-patriates, drinking myself silly on the way; then, after sleeping till mid-afternoon, Saturday night at No. 32 for a White Trashmas party; and then this evening at No. 44, for a more conventional open house, complete with red wine, white wine, port, and egg nogg laced with Barbadan rum.

Excellent browsing at that last, by the way: yum, yum! One dish, the jambalaya, inspired an on-the-spot parody of Mona Lisa:

Jambalaya,
Jambalaya!
Rob [our host] has made you;
You're so full of shrimps and sausages and things!
If in culinary terms I had to grade you,
I would say that you were fit for queens and kings.
You're a gastonomic native of New O'leans,
But you've taken all America by storm;
All your herbs and your spices have made you
So delicious,
I'm suspicious!
And the best part of all, Jambalaya—
You're as tasty when you're cold, as when you're warm.
Jambalaya;
Jambalaya!

Lyric © 2005 Nathaniel DesH. Petrikov

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ultra Linking