e

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Marking Time Constructively (Sort Of)

This afternoon, my feet being presently in a condition unfit for the purpose to which feet are commonly put, I whiled away the time between a much-too-modest lunch with my daughter and a much-too-modest rehearsal with my DAMP at the Barcelona Bar, near 55th and 8th. There, I worked out the dummy lyric for an idea I had yesterday to Kalmar and Ruby's Three Little Words, given below.

A lackadaisical midi file of the song is here; a better tempo is here and a really wild tempo is here, but the syncopations of the last two completely screw up my lyric.

T.G.I.F.—
Thank God it's Friday,
When life should begin.

(The last time
I can recall
That this was my day,
Madonna was "in.")

I'm faced with
Saturday's chores,
But not its glamor;
Sundays, of course,
I nurse a katzenjammer.

T.G.I.F.:
If it's so potent,
Then why doesn't God
Come through?

Lyric © 2005 Nathaniel DesH. Petrikov

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ultra Linking