e

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Jumping the Gun a Wee Bit

Ron has been talking about parodying songs in the public domain, wherever possible, so I've been trying to remember the few songs I know from the Good Old Days that my (hypothetical) audience might remember, too, and not having much luck. On this morning's commute, though, the following sprang into my head, to the tune of By the Light of the Silvery Moon:

By the way—
You'll be carrion soon,
Like Daniel Boone
And the Rev. Sun Myung Moon.
After noon,
You'll be changing your tune;
As daylight fades,
Your health degrades
Till you lay yourself doon
In the Ultimate Swoon.

Lyric © 2006 by Nathaniel DesH. Petrikov

One wee drawback: according to Dead or Alive?, the Rev. Sun Myung Moon is the latter. So this one will have to be shelved. For now.

1 Comments:

Blogger ConejoValleyVermin said...

Until the Rev. Moon kicks, you could use 'Like the people of Brigadoon' in it's place.....
I lyricist I am not......

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ultra Linking