e

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter Day

I drove my daughter to Flavortown today, and the tedium of driving the New York Thruway was alleviated by the advent of a parody in honor of the Occasion. The Occasion being the day on which J.K. Rowling (whom I intend to marry, now that she is a gentlewoman of leisure) published the seventh installment of the Harry Potter saga. The tune, as any damned fool can see, is James Hubert Blake's I'm Just Wild About Harry:

Took my child to see Harry,
And Harry terrified me:
But not the Centaurs,
Nor Dementors--
That stuff is just C.G.

On Ron, there's five-o'clock shadow,
And hips on young Hermio-ne;
And dig the pecs on that Harry--!
They're un-believable,
In-conceivable:
That's what terrifies me!

Lyric © 2007 Nathaniel DesH. Petrikov

My daughter, the prude, made me change tits to hips. And she may be right; tits is a cheap laugh that distracts from the general theme. Still, I miss 'em, and wish I had 'em back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ultra Linking