e

Friday, July 27, 2007

Drivel

My hypnotherapist (don't ask) has commanded that I write a song parody about my job by Monday. I've picked the song and done a verse, but the chorus ain't budgin' just yet. When the thing's finally written, I guarantee to my faithful public that the thing will be incomprehensible and, even worse, No Fun. Still, I'll post it here, just for the record.

Meanwhile, I wrote an off-the-cuff parody of Frank Loesser's Wonderful Copenhagen, which I posted as the 64th comment to the entry for July 19, 2007, at Harry Hutton's excellent blog, Chase me, ladies, I'm in the cavalry. Check, as the streetfolk so cogently put it, it out. The subject is cynosodomy, and as you know, too few songs celebrate that arcane pastime.

I've been taking lessons in cabaret performance, just for the fun of it. I don't think I'm getting much out of it, except further proof, if any were needed, of my shortcomings as a performer. While the teacher and his resident pianist are excellent, mine is a noggin ill-suited to absorbing new ideas. A couple of the other students have made great strides. Still, I soldier on. The whole thing ends with two performances at Don't Tell Mama, 343 West 46th Street, August 25 at 6:00 p.m. and August 27 at 9:00 p.m. I suppose they'll make me wear clothes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ultra Linking