e

Friday, April 01, 2005

Twice-Told Old Jokes Are Best

A friend with experience in show biz expressed the opinion that my parody of Waitin' for the Robert E. Lee needed a second verse and chorus, so here it is. It came as easily as a pulled tooth. In fact, I'd go so far as to call several of the lines mere dummy lyrics, until something better suggests itself.

At last he was able
To hook up my cable.
(I now have a gable
That's slightly unstable;
But with broadband,
Why should it worry me?
Home renovation
Is always in syndication.)

Clickin' my clicker,
The images flicker;
But here is the kicker:
I'm suddenly sicker
Than a drowned rat
Caught in a torrent of
Commercials on cable TV.

Crikey! Look at those ads!
What's with all of those ads?
They're pushing soap,
Trucks,
Scope,
Lux;
The cellular 'phone ads
Are busting my gonads.

Couldn't someone tell me who knows:
Where in hell are my shows?!
It's such a sick
Trick,
Clickin' till I'm frickin'
Sick 'n' tired of cable TV.

Lyric © 2005 Nathaniel DesH. Petrikov

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ultra Linking